Warner Brothers began streaming a promotional video on Friday for the upcoming two-part video anime (OVA) adaptation of writer Gakuto Mikumo and illustrator Manyako's Strike the Blood light novel series. The first Strike the Blood: Valkyria no Ōkoku-hen (Strike the Blood: Valkyria's Kingdom Volume) episode will ship in Japan on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on November 25. The second and final episode will ship on December 23.
The video outlines the OVA's main staff and cast. The anime will again star:
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Kojō Akatsuki
- Risa Taneda as Yukina Himeragi
- Asami Seto as Asagi Aiba
- Rina Hidaka as Nagisa Akatsuki
- Ikumi Hayama as Sayaka Kirisaka
- Ryota Ohsaka as Motoki Yaze
- Kanae Itō as Kanon Kanase
- Saori Ōnishi as La Folia Rihavein
The main returning staff for the anime includes:
- Director: Hideyo Yamamoto
- Series Composition: Hiroyuki Yoshino
- Character Design: Keiichi Sano
- Mechanical Designer: Mika Akitaka
- Music: Assumed Sounds
- Sound Producer: Jin Aketagawa
- Animation Production: SILVER LINK / CONNECT
The video anime series will feature an original story from Mikumo.
Warner Brothers also announced on Friday that voice actress and singer Yuka Iguchi will perform the opening theme song, and Kanon Wakeshima (Vampire Knight, Selector Infected Wixoss theme songs) will perform the ending theme.
Iguchi's and Wakeshima's CDs with their respective theme songs will also ship on November 25.
The first pressing limited edition of the first disc will include a 16-page booklet, a digipack, and an early chance to purchase an event ticket. The limited edition Blu-ray Disc costs 5,900 yen (about US$47), and the DVD costs 4,900 yen (about US$39).
The school action fantasy story of Strike the Blood revolves around Kojō Akatsuki (voiced byYoshimasa Hosoya), a boy deemed the "fourth progenitor" — the world's most powerful vampire, once thought to only exist in legend and lore. In the Itogamijima special zone for demons, a girl named Yukina Hirameki (Risa Taneda) is entrusted with watching over the vampire and if needed, hunting him down.